school is awesome. it's super fun. and if i do say so myself, i think i'm quite good at what we're learning and all that jazz. my class is pretty much done learning the basics. the week we get back from break... we start up again on the second of january... it's review/ testing week.
then the week after, we learn how the salon floor works and we'll start giving salon services to guests. :) yay. we will also still be going to class a few times a week to learn even more. today we did our men's cuts on real people. i did my dad's hair. it looks good. and it only took an hour. :D. ally did nick's hair. she took over four hours. hahahaha! it looked good though. she flat ironed it. then i razor cut it a bit for texture. then we put some texturizing cream and spray wax in it. it looked pretty darn good when we were done. the rest of the day, we worked on 'dream boards'. i love mine. i'm going to hang it up in my room.i was really happy, felt pretty, and was quite myself all day. it was great. although, now that it's break. i have no class for ten days. that gives me all too much time to have to figure out how to keep busy. maybe i'll knit buddy [oh, yeah, i renamed him gilligan. so he goes by both names now.] a sweater. maybe i'll knit myself some mittens. maybe i'll bake and cook a ton. maybe i'll run on the treadmill a lot. i don't know. i miss andrei. he left wednesday night. he drove to california to spend christmas with the family. he's going to be there until a day or two after new year's. i need to keep distracted and busy. i'm really tired. i want to go to sleep now. i really want to go ice skating. the other day, Ally and i did ballet and i did skating jumps in this big open space by the lockers and time clock at school. i miss skating like crazy. i was doing one and half revolution jumps consistently. that's nuts. i wish i could learn how to do a double jump on ice.
it doesn't feel like christmas.
i don't want christmas.
i don't want anything.
i don't want to be here.
so this morning, i looked up a few pictures for my dream board that i knew i wouldn't find in any magazine we had to look at in school to use. i printed out cheesecake, alyssa czisny (doing a spiral... ice skating... duh), a ballerina doing an arabesque, and a picture of manhattan beach. the picture of manhattan beach and all the ones google came up with for me made me want to cry. because i know that place. i spent quite a few nights on that pier. i love the beach in california at night. i miss it. i still think i might live out there for a year or two right when i get out of school. that would be pretty much the only time i could... cuz it'd be mean to build up a clientèle and then ditch them and be like, well, i'll be back in a year or two... i'm just moving away for a little while. we'll see. i've got til november to figure it out. it just feels like something i need to do. i've wanted to since seventh grade.... we'll see.
ummm, well, i should paint my nails. i got this great brown by OPI. it's called 'brisbane bronze'. look it up. pretttty. but i'm not going to do that now. don't feel like it.
i feel like sleeping.
dinner is soon. cheeseburgers. i can't wait. it'll distract me.
i have unlimited texting now. that rocks.
i'm cold.
yesterday, i was so tired... after my shower, i was walking down the hall and i walked into the hallway wall and walked against it halfway to my room.
i'm tired.
" If you were falling, then I would catch you./ You need a light, I'd find a match.
Cuz I love the way you say good morning./ And you take me the way I am.
If you are chilly, here take my sweater./Your head is aching, I'll make it better.
Cuz I love the way you call me baby./ And you take me the way I am.
I'd buy you Rogaine if you start losing all your hair./ Sew on patches to all you tear.
Cuz I love you more than I could ever promise./ And you take me the way I am./ You take me the way I am./You take me the way I am."
...The Way I am .::. Ingrid Michaelson...


No comments:
Post a Comment